What are the system requirements?
For ideal viewing and participation, the conference attendees should have access to a computer with the following features:
- Internet Browser: Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge
- High speed internet connection
- The virtual conference platform is also accessible with iOS (Apple) and Android based tablets and smartphones.
- You can view the system requirements here: Pathable Help Desk.
How can I optimize my home internet for a better streaming experience?
Maximize your internet connection by connecting your computer by an ethernet cable directly from your internet router.
- If you must use Wi-Fi, try and use the 5GHz network.
- Wi-Fi works best when you are 5-8 ft from your router.
- Give your router space to breathe by placing it in “free space”. This means not in a TV stand or behind the couch.
- Check and tighten all cable connections, with your router and with your computer.
- Give your router time to rest by turning it off for at least 10 seconds and restarting it. This will boost your internet speed by a few extra mbps.
- Close out other apps on your device that are not essential to you while attending the conference.
- Disconnect other non-essential devices around your home (or office) that are connected to the internet: streaming devices, tablets, phones, video game systems, and/or smart TVs.
If my connection freezes for a moment on the chat or the live broadcast, what should I do?
Try first to refresh your page.
What if I can't hear the session?
When joining a session, wait to connect to audio until the video/image loads. This should ensure you have a clear audio connection for the session. If you are in the session and are having audio difficulties, disconnect and reconnect your audio.
Who should I contact if I have any technical issues?
If you are experiencing issues accessing the platform or with slow connectivity, we recommend trying the following:
- Ensure you have a stable, strong internet connection. You can test your connection at www.fast.com. Streaming media requires a bandwidth of at least 25-40 Mbps.
- Connect to your internet router via a hardwire connection such as an ethernet cable.
- Turn off other devices that could be using your internet connection; this includes disconnecting cell phones from the network, asking other people in the home to limit their use (especially for streaming services like YouTube or Netflix), etc.
- Turn off your company VPN, if connected, as this consumes part of your bandwidth.
- Ensure that https://namss2020.pathable.co/?openNativeApp=true is marked as a "Trusted Site" within your browser.
- If the above action steps do not solve the technical challenge, please contact the NAMSS virtual platform provider, Pathable, directly through the Technical Support Link under your Account tab.
How do I add sessions to my schedule?
First, make sure you are logged in to the site. Then, navigate to the Schedule page. Each session on the schedule will have a small '+' sign in the top right corner. If you would like to add a session to your schedule, click on '+' sign. Or, click on the session to view more details. On the top right side of the page, there will be a button that says "Reserve Spot" to add that session to your schedule.
Please note: You do not need to pre-register for any sessions and there is no limit to how many attendees can view each session. Clicking "Reserve Spot" only adds that session to your personal schedule.
How do I view a live session?
To view a live session, please click on the session you would like to view from the agenda. There will then be a “Join Session” button on the right side of the session page. Please note, this button will only become live one minute before the start time of the session.
I am in a different time zone, can I view the sessions after they have passed?
Yes! The agenda will automatically populate in your local time zone, and sessions are available on-demand within 24 hours of their live broadcast. You will attend the virtual sessions the same as those you attend live, by selecting the session from the agenda.
When will handouts be available for each session?
If the session you wish to attend has handouts, all handouts will become available on Monday, October 5th, the morning prior to the first live session.
How do I access and download handouts?
Handouts can be found by clicking the “Files” tab on the session details page.
I logged into a session early and I can’t see the video or chat once the session started. What should I do?
If you logged in early to the session, you may need to refresh your page in order to access the session. You will only be able to join a session one minute before the listed start time.
I am experiencing issues with the embedded live sessions in the platform, what can I do?
The virtual platform is optimized for Google Chrome. We recommend either trying a different browser, or you can use the Zoom App by clicking the link just below the live-streamed video feed.
Is there a hard stop at the session end time if there are a lot of questions being asked?
Yes, there is a hard stop. Session rooms will be closed at the designated end time.
How long will sessions and exhibit booths be available on-demand following the live session?
The sessions and booths will be available on this platform through November 30, 2020.
How do I take notes and download them?
You can take notes directly on the site. Above the chat box, click on "Notes" and type your notes in there. To download your notes, click export on the agenda page, then choose "Download Notes" from the dropdown menu.
Can I chat with a specific attendee or speaker?
Within a session, no, the Chat box is available to everyone in that session. You can, however, message attendees and speakers individually by searching for them within the “People” tab.
What if the speaker wasn’t able to get to my question before the session ended?
You can message attendees and speakers individually by searching for them within the “People” tab. We recommend asking your question that way.
How do I claim CE credit?
To claim CE credit, you’ll need to check in to the session. On the session page, scroll down to where you see “Check In for CEUs, Q&A, and Session Evaluation.” Once you check in, your attendance will be automatically recorded for CEUs. Checking in will also allow you to submit questions to the speaker and complete an evaluation at the conclusion of the session.
How do I make sure all of my credits are captured?
Similar to the process we started in 2019, to claim CE credit, you’ll need to check in to the session. On the session page, scroll down to where you see “Check In for CEUs, Q&A, and Session Evaluation.” Once you check in, your attendance will be automatically recorded for CEUs. Checking in will also allow you to submit questions to the speaker and complete an evaluation at the conclusion of the session.
When will I receive my CE certificate?
CE certificates will be sent twice to allow for access to all of the great on demand sessions after the main conference dates. The first round of CE certificates will be sent on Monday, October 19th. Certificates will be sent again on Monday, November 30th to capture the additional CE you’ve earned from watching on demand videos. If you have any questions about your CE credits, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What content is available after the live session?
All educational content from the conference, including the two keynotes will be recorded and available to watch through our Virtual Event Platform through November 30, 2020.
How do I access the session recordings?
The session recordings will be available within the virtual conference platform. Select the session from the agenda and enter into that session. Recordings and the session chat are available within this section.
How long with the session chats be available?
Chat logs for each session will remain available with the recorded sessions until November 25th.
Will presenters receive a copy of the chat logs?"
Chat logs will only be available to speakers of a session through a request process. You can request the log at email@example.com. Please include your session title and time when submitting your request.
How do I update my profile and is it necessary?
To update your profile hover over the Account menu option and select Edit My Profile. Although its not required to update your profile, we encourage you to do so! You can go through the event as an anonymous gray circle but as we cannot all be in the same city for this event, updating your profile with your headshot and key interests will help you make the most out of your event. Simply click on account and select edit my profile to make these changes. Make sure to add tags to your profile, which will serve as your conference ribbons. We also encourage you to add interests to your profile, making it easy to connect with like minded individuals based on the items you select.
How do I schedule a meeting?
Visit the "Schedule" tab and click "Schedule a Meeting". From here you can select individuals to invite to your meeting and send a meeting request. All meeting requests you receive will appear in your inbox under "Connect". Meetings can be scheduled with attendees or exhibitors.