NAMSS 45th Educational Virtual Conference & Exhibition Code of Conduct
NAMSS values the participation of each attendee, exhibitor, sponsor and presenter and is committed to providing a safe, productive, and welcoming environment for all meeting participants and staff. Accordingly, all attendees are expected to show respect and courtesy to other attendees. All communication — in-person or virtual — should be appropriate for a professional audience including people of different backgrounds. All participants, including, but not limited to, attendees, speakers, volunteers, exhibitors, NAMSS staff members, service providers, and all others are expected to abide by this Virtual Program’s Code of Conduct while attending the NAMSS 45th Educational Virtual Conference & Exhibition.
NAMSS members are also required to adhere to the NAMSS Code of Conduct, which can be found on the NAMSS website.
NAMSS has zero tolerance for any form of discrimination or harassment. If you experience harassment or hear of any incidents of unacceptable behavior, NAMSS asks that you inform Kirsten Shaffer, CAE, NAMSS Senior Operations Manager, email@example.com or 202-367-2392 so that we can take the appropriate action.
Unacceptable Behavior is defined as:
- Harassment, intimidation, or discrimination in any form.
- Abuse of any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, sponsor, NAMSS staff member, service provider, or other meeting guest.
- Examples of abuse include, but are not limited to, comments related to age, appearance, disability, ethnicity, gender, geographic location, nationality, professional level, race, religion, and sexual orientation, or threatening or stalking any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, sponsor, NAMSS staff member, service provider, or other meeting guest.
In addition, participants are asked to adhere to the following rules:
- The recording and/or transmission of education sessions in any format is strictly prohibited.
- Presentations, postings, and messages should not contain any promotional materials, special offers, job offers, product announcements, or solicitation for any types of services. All presentations will be reviewed for compliance and NAMSS reserves the right to remove inappropriate messages and potentially ban sources of those solicitations.
- Participants should not reproduce or repurpose presentation materials in any way without express consent from the presenter.
- Participants should not record, copy, or take screen shots of Q&A or any chat room activity that takes place in the virtual conference.
NAMSS reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including immediate removal from the Virtual Conference without warning or refund, in response to any incident of unacceptable behavior.