Thank you for your commitment to speak at the NAMSS 43rd Educational Conference and Exhibition and/or the NAMSS CVO Excellence Symposium in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. To ensure that you are prepared for your presentation, we have compiled key information about the conference logistics. We also want to help you strengthen your presentation and promote your participation at this year’s conference. Annual conference speakers can contact Lindsey Flick, Education and Learning Services Senior Coordinator, and CVO speakers can contact Amanda Browe, with any questions about your presentation, scheduling, or logistics.
Mark Your Calendar for Important Dates
- Wednesday, May 29th - Registration Open
- Wednesday, June 28th - Speaker Agreements Due
- Early July - Speaker Orientation Webinar
- Friday, September 6th - Session Presentations, Quiz Questions, and Handouts due
- October 19th – 20th - NAMSS CVO Excellence Symposium
- October 19th -23rd - NAMSS 43rd Educational Conference and Exhibition
If you have any questions or require additional information, contact the NAMSS Executive Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Speaker Orientation Webinar
Please click here to review the recording of the Speaker Orientation Webinar. The Speaker Orientation Webinar, which was held in July, features the interactive polling that you can integrate into your presentation. The webinar also introduced the new Social Question and Answer feature, which allows attendees to type in questions and upvote questions from other attendees for the presenters, and a new session check in feature, which will provide continuing education credits through the mobile app. Finally, the webinar also reviews conference logistics. If you have any additional questions, do not hesitate to contact Lindsey Sullivan or Alex Burke by emailing email@example.com.
Preparing Your Presentation and Handouts
Presentations, quiz questions, and handouts are due no later than Friday, September 6th.
- Annual Conference Speakers are required to use the NAMSS PowerPoint Template for their presentation.
- Please use the 16:9 widescreen set up.
- If you choose to include videos, please embed them directly as the WiFi in the meeting room may not be strong enough to stream a video.
- For more information, check out Microsoft’s tips for creating and delivering an effective presentation.
- Speakers must submit 10 quiz questions to accompany each session for use in creating continuing education materials.
- Click here to download a copy of the submission for the Annual Conference form which includes guidelines and best practices for writing quiz questions.
- Click here to download a copy of the submission for the CVO Excellence Symposium.
The NAMSS Executive Office will develop a handout of your PowerPoint slides. We strongly encourage you to develop additional handouts to accompany your presentation.
- Handouts may include but are not limited to:
- Outline of presentation or main topics
- Charts, diagrams, and checklists
- Bibliography of related references
- Glossary of terms
- Copies of articles (provided that you have obtained a copyright release)
- Check out these 13 Best Practices for Effective Presentation Handouts for more ideas.
As a reminder, all presentations and additional handouts will be provided digitally to attendees prior to the conference. They will have the opportunity to print copies if they desire, but no copies will be provided onsite.
Conferences I/O – Interactive Polling Feature (Annual Conference Only)
NAMSS will again be offering the opportunity to add interactive polling to your session. This is a great way to engage your audience and will be integrated directly into your presentation by the NAMSS Conference Team with little additional effort for you. Please register for our Speaker Orientation Webinar to learn more about the interactive features offered and check back here in June for further details on how to add polling to your presentation.
Promote Your Session
We encourage you to spread the word about your session through email and social media. Check back here soon for a graphic that you can add to your email signature and for ideas for messages that you can share on your social media feeds.
NAMSS provides the following A/V equipment in each meeting room:
- Projector and Screen (16:9) ratio
- Laptop with Microsoft Office 2010 – with audio hookup
- Lectern Microphone
- Lavaliere Microphone for each speaker (unless seated at a table for a panel discussion)
- Standing Microphone for Q&A
- Slide Advancer
Each session room will be provided with a room monitor who will assist attendees in finding a seat, hold up time cards to help you keep on track, and assist attendees with receiving CE credit for attending the session.
Stay tuned! Additional onsite logistics information will be provided prior to the conference.
For any questions or concerns regarding sessions for the 43rd Educational Conference and Exhibition, please contact Lindsey Sullivan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any questions or concerns regarding sessions for the CVO Excellence Symposium, please contact Amanda Browe at ABrowe@namss.org.